Sr. Project Manager
Catalent Pharma Solutions - San Diego
Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
Catalent Pharma - San Diego is looking to hire a Sr. Project Manager who is responsible for activities associated with drug product development and cGMP Manufacturing activities, in addition to developing and managing business relationships, for major pharmaceutical clients.
The Role (daily Responsibilities)
- Will manage projects that may reside within multiple business lines or sites as assigned.
- Act as single/primary point of contact for the client and facilitate responses to Customer questions and observations.
- Establish project timelines and ensure milestones are met.
- Organize and lead meetings with client and internal teams to facilitate project completion, set meeting agendas and provide meeting minutes .
- Provide notification of milestone completions for billing to finance.
- Build strong relationships with clients, instilling trust and confidence. During the lifecycle of projects, push to obtain resupply forecasts and new business opportunities from clients.
- Initiate proposal requests for project scope changes and new business opportunities (as needed).
- Host client visits, lead project kick off meetings, and participate in quality audits (as needed) .
- Will be proficient in technical aspects of PM related software used by site.
- Provide leadership to employees including training
- Bachelor of Science degree, from an accredited university, preferably in Chemistry or related scientific discipline. Minimum of seven years pharmaceutical industry experience, with exposure to project management, product development and cGMP manufacturing, and business development with at least five years of client facing/project management experience. Experience with a CMO or CRO environment highly desired.
- Ability to understand the customer requirements and manufacturing scenarios, processes, and equipment to develop project plan scope, and deliverables and translate to the team accordingly for execution.
- Ability to build strong relationships with client, instilling trust and confidence. Versatile team player with the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure; Able to achieve high quality deliverables within set targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills including actively listening, conflict resolution, ability to effectively influence diverse stakeholders for positive outcome. Outstanding technical writing and communication skills. Highly organized, with attention to detail.
- Technical knowledge/familiarity of project management concepts and tools to plan, track, and communicate timelines, risks, and milestones and drive for decisions and solutions to issues during the process.
- PMP certification or related Project Management professional training is a plus
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k are all offered from Day One of employment
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and holidays
Catalent San Diego, Inc. (Formerly Pharmatek Laboratories, Inc.) is a premier pharmaceutical chemistry development and manufacturing organization supporting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Catalent San Diego focuses on bringing client drug compounds from discovery to the clinic with services that include analytical development, preformulation testing, formulation development, GMP manufacturing and stability storage and testing. At Catalent San Diego, we recruit and develop exceptional individuals with a passion for science and determination to excel. We offer a technically challenging and stimulating environment and the opportunity to learn from the best. We provide a generous benefits package, on-site gym and fitness programs, team sports, activities and competitive compensation.
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
C atalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.