Annual Fund Specialist
The Annual Fund Specialist is responsible for the cultivation and long-term stewardship of San Diego Habitat for Humanity’s individual donors up to the $2,500 level, and assisting with creation and design of fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events. This position represents San Diego Habitat in the community and beyond, and is responsible for not only meeting individual fundraising goals, but contributing to the overall goals of the Development Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage fundraising and stewardship for all individual donors up to $2,500 including:
- Direct solicitation campaigns (currently 4x annually) including mail and online channels
- Car donation program in partnership with Habitat for Humanity International
- Monthly/recurring donations
- Employee giving
- Other online & social media fundraising initiatives (birthday fundraising, AmazonSmile, etc.)
- Manage donor pipeline initiatives to grow revenue such as list acquisition, shopper and volunteer donor conversion, and prospect research with a focus on moving donors as appropriate into the major gift pipeline.
- Manage relationships and steward donors and peer-to-peer fundraisers for all San Diego Habitat special events.
- Provide exemplary customer service including prompt return of phone calls and timely acknowledgement of donations. Build and maintain strong relationships and instill best practices internally.
- Ensure compliance with donor intent.
- Manage the tracking and analysis of constituent data, relationship activity (solicitation calls, visits and contributions), and donations in the Raiser’s Edge donor database and conduct advanced queries and exports for donor lists and research.
- Assist management in the creation and implementation of the budget, resource development plan, staff goals and objectives for annual fund contributions.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive fundraising experience or customer service management experience in the building or design industry, real estate development, or with a nonprofit organization
- Ability to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of the position
- Management experience of volunteer team members
- Proficient in Windows based CRM (database) software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the organization