Security Officer I - San Diego Zoo Safari Park
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Security Officer I provides for the safety of visitors, employees, wildlife, and protects the organization's property. This position reports to the Security Supervisor/Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provides a positive security presence to promote a safe, inclusive, and family-friendly environment.
- Responds to and supports calls for medical assistance/emergency situations and work at dispatch center as needed.
- Conducts investigations and prepares accurate and thorough reports that may be subpoenaed in a court of law.
- Responds to guest issues including: guest disagreements, disorderly conduct, lost child/person, etc.
- Responds to emergency situations including: fire, power outage, inclement weather, evacuations, wildlife escapes.
- Assists guests and staff and provides information as necessary.
- Transports and provides escort of money and securing vaults.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A motivated team player who is outgoing and feels comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Experience in security, law enforcement or related field is strongly desired. Must be at least 18 years of age. This position requires successful completion of a physical ability test.
- JOB EXPERIENCE
- Experience or equivalent specialized training/knowledge in security, law enforcement or related field.
- Experience in a zoo, theme park, or related facility desired
- EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Guard Card
- Non-Lethal Chemical Agents (OC Spray) Permit within 30 Days
- First Aid within 30 Days
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR with AED within 30 Days
- California driver's license Upon Hire
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures
- Able to observe situations and make decisions with a calm, confident, and collected presence
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the others
- Able to use security-related equipment
- Able to perform basic computer functions
- Works well within a team and individually
- Able to effectively communicate (verbal and written)
- Able to operate motorized equipment and vehicles
- Able to maintain confidentiality and follow proper chain of command
- Knowledge of laws, codes, regulations, and specifications
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU WILL ENJOY AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Local and In-House Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Location: Escondido, CA
- Duration: Hourly Full-Time Non-Exempt Position
- Hourly Wage: $20.00