The Economic Development & Advocacy Advisory Council works with elected officials, community leaders, Chamber Members, topic experts, and other organizations to shape policies that help promote business creation, sustainability, and growth.
Areas of focus include:
- Business and Industry Retention
- Housing and Living Costs
- Environmental Regulations, and
- Workforce Development
Advisory Council Members are responsible for discussing and deciding, by vote, the official position adopted by the Chamber regarding the different public issues that affect businesses and workers in San Diego.
For more information about getting involved with Economic Development & Advocacy, call the Chamber at (858) 487-1767.
Registration is required.
Don't know your member login? Contact Kayleigh
All Chamber Members and their employees are invited to join the meetings and participate in the discussion.
Economic Development & Advocacy Advisory Council
Thursday, October 5, 2023 (ZOOM) 7:45 AM – 9:00 AM
- Welcome and Introductions
- Chamber Updates (5 min) Sophia
- Oct 4 ~ Sustainability Advisory Council 11 AM
- Oct 11 ~ Regional Connect Networking - Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego 4S Ranch
- Oct 18 ~ Small Business Forum @ Lucia Capitol Group LIMITED to 30 Guests
- Oct ~ 25 Cyber-Tech Advisory Council 11 AM
- Chamber Travel Updates
- Elected Office Legislative Updates Mike
- 2 minutes each representative report (20 min)
- Cipriano Vargas~ County Supervisor Lawson-Remer
- Michelle Surakhanova~ County Supervisor Anderson
- Shaina Richardson ~ County Supervisor Desmond
- Jessica Ramirez ~ Congressman Mike Levin
- Jason Bercovitch ~ Congressman Scott Peters
- Marc Schaefer ~ Senator Brian Jones
- Ryan Ewart~ Assemblywoman Laurie Davies
- Francine Busby~ Senator Catherine Blakespear
- Q and A at end of all reports (10 min)
- Speakers Water Rate Hike Increase (10-15 minutes) Karen
- Councilmember Marni Von Wilpert
- Council Discussion on 2024 Sacramento Delegation Trip
- Discuss length, overnight?
- 1 day meeting with electeds, 1 day sitting in on committee meetings
- Action Recap/Adjourn/Networking
Next Meeting: Virtual November 5, 2023